Senior Living in Chester, Virginia
- Chester scores lower than the Virginia average of 78.
- Chester scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Central State Hospital, Southside Regional Medical Ctr, and John Randolph Medical Center.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Tyler\'s Retreat at Iron Bridge, Dunlop House, and Colonial Heights Health Care and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 222 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Bermuda Golf Course, River\'s Bend Golf Club, and First Tee Chesterfield.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Dutch Gap Conservation Area, Roadrunner Campground, and Henricus Historical Park.
- There are 310 churches in or near the city, including Chester Baptist Church, Fellowship Baptist Church, and Second Baptist Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 131 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,803, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,575, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,139, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,155 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,991 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.05%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chester receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chester has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Chester has an average population density of 913.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chester have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Chester has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.33%.