Senior Living in Chester, Vermont
Top zip codes in Chester, VT: 05143
- Chester scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Chester scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Springfield Hospital and Springfield Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Springfield Health and Rehab, Gill Odd Fellows Home, and Country Village Community Care Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Tater Hill Golf Club, Bellows Falls Country Club, and Okemo Valley Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Fish & Wildlife Department).
- There are 32 churches in or near the city, including First Universalist Paris-unitarian Universalist, First Baptist Church, and St Luke\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,381, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,947, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,402, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.03%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chester receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chester has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chester has a very sparse population density of 45.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chester have a very short daily commute time.
- Chester has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.38%.