Senior Living in Chesterfield, Illinois
Top zip codes in Chesterfield, IL: 62630
- Chesterfield scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Chesterfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Carlinville Area Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Village at Morse Farm, Carlinville Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and Friendship Skilled Nursing and Rehab.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Carlinville Country Club, Terry Park Golf Course, and Grandvue Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Loveless Park).
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Baptist Church, First Church of Nazarene, and Carlinville Church of Christ.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.62% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,115, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,375, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,363, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.61%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chesterfield receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chesterfield has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Chesterfield has a very sparse population density of 13.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chesterfield have a very long daily commute time.
- Chesterfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.48%.