Senior Living in Chesterfield, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Chesterfield, MA: 01012
- Chesterfield scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Chesterfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Veterans Affairs Med Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highview of Northampton, Elder Care Access, and Linda Manor Assisted Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Worthington Golf Club, Beaver Brook Golf Club, and Pine Grove Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including DAR State Forest, Gardner State Park, and Look Memorial Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including St Thomas Catholic Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Congregational Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,708, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,821, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,674, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.70%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chesterfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chesterfield has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Chesterfield has a very sparse population density of 50.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chesterfield have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Chesterfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.40%.