Senior Living in Chesterfield, Virginia
- Chesterfield scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Chesterfield scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Bon Secours - St Francis Medical Center and Cjw Medical Center).
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Springdale at Lucy Corr, Lumzy\'s Residential Service, and Lumzys Residential Service Wilton.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 223 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Highlands Golfers\' Club, The, Lake Chesdin Golf Club, and Birkdale Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Pocahontas State Park, Forestry Department, and YMCA Camp Thunderbird.
- There are 182 churches in or near the city, including Union Branch Baptist Church, Gill Grove Baptist Church, and Second Branch Baptist Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 96 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 41 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $95,882, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,013, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,598, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,155 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,991 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.83%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chesterfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chesterfield has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Chesterfield has an average population density of 504.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chesterfield have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Chesterfield has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.31%.