Senior Living in Chesterland, Ohio
Top zip codes in Chesterland, OH: 44026
- Chesterland scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Chesterland scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Uhhs Laurelwood Hospital, Bhc Windsor Hospital, and Hillcrest Hospital.
- There are 112 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including ResCare Residential Services - Chesterland, Amelia Grace Assisted Living, and Holly Hill Healthcare Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 411 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 109 golf courses in or around the city, including Berkshire Hills Golf Course, Orchard Hills Golf & Country Club, and Lake/River Course at Fowler\'s Mill Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Lake Metroparks Farmpark, Penitentiary Glen Reservation, and The Holden Arboretum.
- There are 167 churches in or near the city, including First Seventh-Day Adventist, St Anselm Church, and Fowlers Mills Christian Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 149 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 140 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.55% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $82,097, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,878, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,581, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.11%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chesterland receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chesterland has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Chesterland has a sparse population density of 391.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chesterland have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Chesterland has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.89%.