Senior Living in Chestertown, New York
Top zip codes in Chestertown, NY: 12817
- Chestertown scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Chestertown scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Adirondack Tri County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Mansions Golf Club, Sagamore Resort & Golf Club, The, and Thousand Acres Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Rancho Pines Campground, Lake George Schroon Valley Resort, and Hidden Pond Campsite.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Adirondack Missions, St Cecilias Catholic Church, and First United Meth Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,289, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,125, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,568, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.88%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chestertown receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chestertown has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chestertown has a very sparse population density of 42.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chestertown have a short daily commute time.
- Chestertown has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.93%.