Senior Living in Chesterville, Ohio
Top zip codes in Chesterville, OH: 43317
- Chesterville scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Chesterville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Morrow County Hospital).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morrow Manor Nursing Center, Foster Gallogly Care, and Bennington Glen Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Lakes Golf Course, Deer Ridge Golf Club, and Little Apple Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Mt. Gilead State Park, Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort at Dogwood Valley, and Cardinal Center Campground.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Fredericktown Church of Christ, First Church of God, and Palmyra Church of Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $29,288, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $26,563, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $12,831, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,350 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,920 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,917 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chesterville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chesterville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Chesterville has an average population density of 835.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chesterville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Chesterville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.07%.