Senior Living in Cheswick, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Cheswick, PA: 15024
- Cheswick scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Cheswick scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 20 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth Harmarville Hosp, Va Pittsburgh Healthcare Syst, and Upmc St Margaret.
- There are 108 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Consulate Health Care of Cheswick, Cedarwood Personal Care, and Harmar Village Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 558 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 120 golf courses in or around the city, including Pittsburgh Field Club, Fox Chapel Golf Club, and Oakmont East Golf Course.
- There are 22 parks near the city center, including Camp Deer Creek, Allegheny Islands State Park, and Hartwood Acres.
- There are 295 churches in or near the city, including Adat Shalom Bnai Israel Beth, East Union Presbyterian Church, and Our Lady of Victory Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 212 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 203 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,250, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,516, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,009, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.89%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cheswick receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cheswick has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Cheswick has an average population density of 539.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cheswick have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cheswick has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.65%.