Senior Living in Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Cheyenne scores higher than the Wyoming average of 65.
- Cheyenne scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cheyenne Va Medical Center and Cheyenne Regional Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Life Care Center of Cheyenne, Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Transitional Care Unit, and Primrose Retirement Community - Cheyenne.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 4 golf courses in or around the city, including F E Warren AFB Golf Club, Airport Golf Course, and Cheyenne Country Club.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Mylar Park, Lions Park, and Cheyenne Botanic Gardens.
- There are 79 churches in or near the city, including Sunnyside Southern Baptist Chr, Cathedral of St Mary, and St Joseph\'s Catholic.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.71% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wyoming has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,914, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,979, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,820, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,100 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,265 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $3,466 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cheyenne receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Cheyenne has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Cheyenne has a sparse population density of 241.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cheyenne have a very short daily commute time.
- Cheyenne has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.23%.