Senior Living in Cheyney, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Cheyney, PA: 19319
- Cheyney scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Cheyney scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Riddle Memorial Hospital, Chester County Hospital, and Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hosp.
- There are 132 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Solana Willistown, Brinton Manor, and Glen Mills Senior Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 705 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (5% of residents).
- There are 155 golf courses in or around the city, including Clayton Park Golf Course, Golf Course At Glen Mills, The, and Spring Lake Recreation Center.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Tyler Arboretum, Rose Tree Park, and Longwood Gardens.
- There are 295 churches in or near the city, including St Maximilian Kolbe Church, Bethlehem United Methodist Chr, and St Thomas the Apostle Rectory.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 238 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 282 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $93,531, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,250, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $7,091, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.11%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cheyney receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cheyney has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Cheyney has a dense population density of 1,785.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cheyney have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Cheyney has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.87%.