Senior Living in Chickasaw, Ohio
Top zip codes in Chickasaw, OH: 45826
- Chickasaw scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Chickasaw scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mercer County Joint Township Community Hospital and Joint Township District Memorial Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Otterbein St Marys, Otterbein St. Marys, and Heritage Center for Rehabilitation and Specialty Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Arrowhead Golf Club, Mercer County Elks Country Club, and Northmoor Golf on the Lake.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Maria Stein Shrine, Kozy Kamp Ground, and Grand Lake St. Marys State Park.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including St Peters United Church-Christ, Holy Redeemer Church, and St Paul United Church-Christ.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,519, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,833, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,160, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.47%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chickasaw receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chickasaw has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Chickasaw has an average population density of 1,133.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chickasaw have a very short daily commute time.
- Chickasaw has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.39%.