Senior Living in Chico, California
- Chico scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Chico scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Enloe Medical Center and Feather River Hospital).
- There are 40 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sycamore Glen Active Senior Community, The Oakmont, and Prestige Assisted Living at Chico.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 133 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Butte Creek Country Club, Canyon Oaks Country Club, and Sunset Hills Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Almond Grove Mobile Home Park, A Better View Landscape, and Paramount Trailer Park.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Seventh Day Adventist Church, Community Church of God, and Church On the Esplanade.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 41 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,601, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,286, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,899, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $88,148 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $37,700 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.82%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chico receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Chico has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Chico has a dense population density of 1,764.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chico have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Chico has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.45%.