Senior Living in Chico, Texas
Top zip codes in Chico, TX: 76431
- Chico scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Chico scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Doctors Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Senior Care Health and Rehabilitation - Bridgeport).
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Bridgeport Country Club, Runaway Bay Golf Club, and Jacksboro Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Wise County Park, Lakeview Lodge Sid Richardson Scout Camp, and Bay Landing RV Campground.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Northside Church of Christ).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.88% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,545, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,530, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,263, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.47%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chico receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chico has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Chico has a very sparse population density of 28.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chico have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Chico has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.83%.