Senior Living in Chicopee, Massachusetts
- Chicopee scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Chicopee scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Medical Center, Shriners Hospitals For Child, and Baystate Medical Center.
- There are 82 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Arbors at Chicopee, Birch Manor Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center, and Willimansett Center East.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 325 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Chicopee Country Club, Holyoke Country Club, and Wyckoff Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Chicopee Memorial State Park, Holyoke Heritage State Park, and Wistariahurst Museum.
- There are 179 churches in or near the city, including First Central Baptist Church, Tabernacle Baptist Church, and St Rose De Lima.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 240 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 109 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,740, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,690, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,631, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.24%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chicopee receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chicopee has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Chicopee has a dense population density of 2,339.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chicopee have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Chicopee has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.99%.