Senior Living in Chillicothe, Illinois
Top zip codes in Chillicothe, IL: 61523
- Chillicothe scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Chillicothe scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Proctor Hospital and George A Zeller Mntl Hlth Ctr).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Health-Chillicothe, St. Joseph Nursing Home, and Apostolic Christian Skylines.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Arrowhead Country Club, Lacon Country Club, and Kellogg Golf Course(Eighteen Hole Course at Kellogg Golf Course ).
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Three Sisters Park, Shore Acres Park, and Marshall State Fish & Wildlife.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including St Mark Lutheran Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and St Edwards Catholic Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.76% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,207, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,294, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,696, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,140 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.29%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chillicothe receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chillicothe has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Chillicothe has a sparse population density of 209.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chillicothe have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Chillicothe has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.50%.