Senior Living in Chillicothe, Ohio
Top zip codes in Chillicothe, OH: 45601
- Chillicothe scores significantly lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Chillicothe scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Chillicothe Va Medical Center and Adena Regional Medical Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heartland of Chillicothe, Westmoreland Place, and Secure Retirement Money Group.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Jaycee Public Golf Course, Chillicothe Country Club, and Dogwood Hills Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Yoctangee Park, Hopewell Culture National Historical Park, and Scioto Trail State Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Vineyard Church of Chillicothe, Adena Road Church of Christ, and After God\'s Heart.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,849, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,118, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,047, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.71%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chillicothe receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chillicothe has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chillicothe has a sparse population density of 169.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chillicothe have an average daily commute time.
- Chillicothe has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.81%.