Senior Living in Chilton, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Chilton, WI: 53014
- Chilton scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Chilton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Calumet Medical Ctr).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Residence, Atrium Post Acute Care of Chilton, and Century Ridge.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Hickory Hills Country Club, Badger Creek Golf Course, and High Cliff Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (High Cliff State Park and Collins Marsh and Nature Center).
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Church, Ebenezer United Church, and St Martin Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,324, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,068, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,790, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,018 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.59%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chilton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chilton has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Chilton has a very sparse population density of 62.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chilton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Chilton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.96%.