Senior Living in Chimacum, Washington
Top zip codes in Chimacum, WA: 98325
- Chimacum scores significantly higher than the Washington average of 68.
- Chimacum scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Jefferson Healthcare Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elder Care Management, LLC, Discovery View Retirement Apartments, and Seaport Landing By Bonaventure.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Discovery Bay Golf Club, Port Townsend Golf Club, and Port Ludlow Resort(Tide/Timber Course at Port Ludlow Resort ).
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Anderson Lake State Park, Fort Townsend State Park, and Mystery Bay State Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, First Church of Christ, and Ankeny Wendell & Laurel Rev.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,752, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,576, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,447, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,716 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.87%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chimacum receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Chimacum has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Chimacum has a very sparse population density of 61.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chimacum have an average daily commute time.
- Chimacum has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.76%.