Senior Living in China, Texas
Top zip codes in China, TX: 77613
- China scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- China scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Healthsouth Rehab Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Summer Place Nursing and Rehabilitation, Sam\'s Way Living Center, and Calder Woods.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Idylwild Golf Club, Brentwood Country Club, and Rabbit Run At Brooks Road.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Gator Country).
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Sorrows Church, Northwest Church of Christ, and First Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,988, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,611, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,902, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,088 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,100 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,053 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.50%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- China receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- China has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- China has a very sparse population density of 32.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of China have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- China has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.90%.