Senior Living in Chino, California
- Chino scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Chino scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including Canyon Ridge Hospital, Chino Valley Medical Center, and Montclair Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 305 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mlm Home, Inland Christian Home, and Benson House, Inc..
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 745 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 127 golf courses in or around the city, including El Prado Golf Courses -Butterfield Stage, Creekside Golf Course, and Whispering Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Ruben S. Ayala Park, Prado Regional Park, and Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden.
- There are 219 churches in or near the city, including Living Word Assembly of God, Centrepointe Christian Fllwshp, and Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 410 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 238 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $84,651, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,830, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,147, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.98%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chino receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Chino has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Chino has a dense population density of 2,042.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chino have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Chino has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 76.75%.