Senior Living in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Chippewa Falls, WI: 54729
- Chippewa Falls scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Chippewa Falls scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Josephs Hsptl).
- There are 47 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Our House Chippewa Falls Memory Care, Our House Assisted Care - Chippewa Falls, and Chippewa Falls Comforts of Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Wissota Golf, Ojibwa Golf & Bowl, and Hallie Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Chippewa County Forest & Parks, Irvine Park Zoo, and O\'Neil Creek Campground Inc.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Grace Baptist Church, Holy Ghost Parish, and Notre Dame Rectory.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.69% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,443, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,466, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,120, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,565 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,773 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.68%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chippewa Falls receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chippewa Falls has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chippewa Falls has a sparse population density of 189.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chippewa Falls have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Chippewa Falls has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.43%.