Senior Living in Chippewa Lake, Ohio
Top zip codes in Chippewa Lake, OH: 44215
- Chippewa Lake scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Chippewa Lake scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Medina Hospital, Lodi Community Hospital, and Summa Wadsworth-rittman Hospital.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Silver Wings Assisted Living, Exclusive Adult Home Care of Medina , and Brookdale Medina South.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 138 golf courses in or around the city, including Deer Pass Golf Course, Rawiga Country Club, and North Course at Westfield Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Chippewa Lake/Krabill Shelter, Hill \'n Dale Club, and Willow Lake Park.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including Seville United Methodist Chr, Jerusalem Evangelical Lutheran, and Leroy United Methodist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 33 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.39% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.37% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,840, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,887, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,806, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.51%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chippewa Lake receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chippewa Lake has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Chippewa Lake has an average population density of 1,468.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chippewa Lake have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Chippewa Lake has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 89.03%.