Senior Living in Chisago City, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Chisago City, MN: 55013
- Chisago City scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Chisago City scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Fairview Lakes Health Services, Ladd Memorial Hosptial, Inc, and Osceola Medical Center.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Parmly Life Pointes, Lakes Area Elder Care , and Meadows On Fairview.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Chisago Lakes Golf Course, Falcon Ridge Golf Course (Executive Nine Course at Falcon Ridge Golf Course), and Castlewood Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Blue Waters Leisure Park, Shafer Corn Maze, and Carlos Avery State Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Zion Evangelical Lutheran Chr, St Bridgets Catholic Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.54% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,670, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,559, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,959, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.75%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chisago City receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chisago City has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Chisago City has a sparse population density of 223.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chisago City have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Chisago City has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.85%.