Senior Living in Chisholm, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Chisholm, MN: 55719
- Chisholm scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Chisholm scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (University Medical Center-mesabi/ Mesaba Clinics).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Manor, Serving Hands, and Cornerstone Villa.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Hibbing Municipal Golf Course, Mesaba Country Club, and Eveleth Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Bennett Park, Vic Power Park, and Hibbing Parks & Recreation.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Chisholm First Baptist, Faith Lutheran Church, and Assembly-god.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,398, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,936, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,754, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,690 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,042 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,957 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.77%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chisholm receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Chisholm has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chisholm has a very sparse population density of 84.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chisholm have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Chisholm has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.53%.