Senior Living in Chittenango, New York
Top zip codes in Chittenango, NY: 13037
- Chittenango scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Chittenango scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Oneida Healthcare Center).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Chittenango Center For Rehab Health Care, The Crossings Nursing and Rehab Centre, and Brookdale Manlius.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 82 golf courses in or around the city, including Skyridge Golf Course, Woodcrest Golf Club, and Poolsbrook Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Green Lakes State Park, Chittenango Falls State Park, and Wild Birds Unlimited.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Chittenango United Methodist, and First Presbyterian Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 62 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 58 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.60% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,536, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,505, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,647, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.34%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chittenango receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chittenango has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chittenango has a sparse population density of 217.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chittenango have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Chittenango has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.61%.