Senior Living in Chocorua, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Chocorua, NH: 03817
- Chocorua scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Chocorua scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Community Living For Elderly, Mineral Springs, and Spokesfield Common.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Mound Golf Club, Kona Mansion Inn, and Ridgewood Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Chocorua KOA, Tamworth Camping Area, and Pine Knoll Campground.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including River Church, Center Conway Baptist Church, and Church of Christ.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,150, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,676, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $48,178, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.74%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chocorua receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chocorua has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chocorua has a very sparse population density of 58.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chocorua have a very short daily commute time.
- Chocorua has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.66%.