Senior Living in Chokio, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Chokio, MN: 56221
- Chokio scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Chokio scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Holy Trinity Hospital, Graceville Health Center, and Stevens Community Medical Center.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Essentia Health - Grace Home, Grace Village, and West Wind Village.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (42% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Graceville Golf Club, Pomme de Terre Golf Club, and Ortonville Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Chokio State Wildlife Management Area, Freed State Wildlife Management Area, and Mathison State Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Morris Assembly of God, Assumption Church, and Assumption Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There is 1 grocery store within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,759, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,063, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,447, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.84%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chokio receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Chokio has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Chokio has a very sparse population density of 5.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chokio have a very short daily commute time.
- Chokio has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.64%.