Senior Living in Choudrant, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Choudrant, LA: 71227
- Choudrant scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Choudrant scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Northern Louisiana Medical Center, Green Clinic Surgical Hospital, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Ages Senior Village, Ruston Nursing and Rehabilitation Center,LLC, and Northern Louisiana Medical Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Squire Creek Country Club, Ruston Golf & Country Club, and Calvert Crossing Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Lincoln Little League, Lincoln Parish Park, and Camp T.L. James.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Anchor Tabernacle, Alabama Presbyterian Church, and Choudrant Church of God-christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,271, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,058, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,120, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,225 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $30,888 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.19%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Choudrant receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Choudrant has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Choudrant has a very sparse population density of 32.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Choudrant have a long daily commute time.
- Choudrant has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.93%.