Senior Living in Christiana, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Christiana, PA: 17509
- Christiana scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Christiana scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Coatesville Va Medical Center, Brandywine Hospital, and Jennersville Regional Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Harrison House Christiana, Quarryville Presbyterian Retirement Community, and Westminster Place at Parkesburg.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 80 golf courses in or around the city, including Moccasin Run Golf Course, Tanglewood Manor Golf Club, and Wyncote Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort Quarryville, PA).
- There are 85 churches in or near the city, including Freedom Life Christian, Penningtonville Presbyterian, and Maple Grove Mennonite Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 56 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 28 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,489, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,938, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,188, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.60%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Christiana receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Christiana has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Christiana has a sparse population density of 180.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Christiana have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Christiana has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 70.79%.