Senior Living in Christiana, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Christiana, TN: 37037
- Christiana scores higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Christiana scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Middle Tennessee Med Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Community Care of Rutherford County, Creekside at Three Rivers, and Tennessee State Veterans\' Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Hills Golf Club, Cedar Crest Golf Course, and Veterans Administration Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Barfield Crescent Park and Oaklands Historic House Museum).
- There are 43 churches in or near the city, including Murfreesboro Seventh-Day Chr, Apostolic Ark, and Mount Hermon Baptist Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,358, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,027, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,586, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,900 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,950 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,950 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.50%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Christiana receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Christiana has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Christiana has a very sparse population density of 85.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Christiana have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Christiana has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.45%.