Senior Living in Christiansburg, Ohio
Top zip codes in Christiansburg, OH: 45389
- Christiansburg scores significantly lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Christiansburg scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Upper Valley Medical Center, Upper Valley Medical Center, and Mercy Medical Center.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Dayview Care Center, Belle Manor Nursing Home, and Troy Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakeland Golf Course, Sugar Isle Golf Country, and Troy Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Poor Farmer\'s RV Sales, Service and Campground Inc., Davey Woods State Nature Preserve, and Treasure Island Park.
- There are 48 churches in or near the city, including Asbury United Methodist Church, Donnels Creek Church, and Church of the Brethren.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.47% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $37,686, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,792, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,511, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.29%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Christiansburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Christiansburg has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Christiansburg has a dense population density of 1,628.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Christiansburg have a very long daily commute time.
- Christiansburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.42%.