Senior Living in Christiansburg, Virginia
Top zip codes in Christiansburg, VA: 24073
- Christiansburg scores lower than the Virginia average of 78.
- Christiansburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Carilion New River Valley Medical Center, Carilion New River Vly Med Ctr, and Montgomery Regional Hospital.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including English Meadows, Commonwealth Assisted Living at Christiansburg, and Heritage Hall - Blacksburg.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadows Golf & Country Club, The, Auburn Hills Golf Club, and Blacksburg Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Interstate Overnight Park, Hahn Horticulture Garden, and Alta Mons Summer Camp and Outdoor Retreat Ministry.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Church of God of Virginia, First Church of God, and Lutz Charles W.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,080, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,566, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,839, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,118 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,426 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.66%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Christiansburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Christiansburg has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Christiansburg has a sparse population density of 335.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Christiansburg have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Christiansburg has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.89%.