Senior Living in Christmas, Florida
Top zip codes in Christmas, FL: 32709
- Christmas scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Christmas scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Parrish Medical Center).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Royal Oaks Nursing and Rehab Center, A First Class Adult Family Care Facility, and Brookdale Titusville.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Wedgefield Golf & Country Club, Great Outdoors RV & Golf Resort, and La Cita Golf & Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Tosohatchee Wildlife Management Area, Christmas RV Park, and Airboat Rides at MIDWAY.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Fort Christmas Baptist Church, Air Moble Ministries, and Park Avenue Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.94% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,691, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,000, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,062, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,119 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.26%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 7% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Christmas receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Christmas has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Christmas has a very sparse population density of 22.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Christmas have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Christmas has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 72.09%.