Senior Living in Church Hill, Maryland
Top zip codes in Church Hill, MD: 21623
- Church Hill scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Church Hill scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Chester River Hospital Center and Upper Shore Comm Hlth Ctr).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Safe Haven, Corsica Hills Center, and Heron Point of Chestertown.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Chester River Yacht & Country Club, Atlantic Golf At Queenstown Harbor -Lakes, and Prospect Bay Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Ducks Neck Campground, Tuckahoe State Park, and Adkins Arboretum.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Church Hill United Methodist, Grier K Wayne, and St Paul\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.64% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,088, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $69,076, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,552, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.40%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Church Hill receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Church Hill has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Church Hill has a very sparse population density of 56.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Church Hill have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Church Hill has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.26%.