Senior Living in Churchton, Maryland
Top zip codes in Churchton, MD: 20733
- Churchton scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Churchton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Home Ltd, South River Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Brightview South River.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 48 golf courses in or around the city, including Old South Country Club, South River Golf Links, and Twin Shields Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Thomas Point Park, Adventure Bound Camping Resorts - Washington DC, and Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary.
- There are 88 churches in or near the city, including Swager William T, Mayes Robert A, and Cedar Grove United Methodist.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 55 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $112,802, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $110,149, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,499, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.99%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Churchton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Churchton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Churchton has an average population density of 813.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Churchton have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Churchton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.96%.