Senior Living in Churchville, Maryland
Top zip codes in Churchville, MD: 21028
- Churchville scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Churchville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Harford Memorial Hospital, Upper Chesapeake Medical Center, and Va Maryland Health Care Syst.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Churchville Meadows, Seeds of Compassion, and Bel Air Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 167 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 49 golf courses in or around the city, including Maryland Golf & Country Clubs, Beechtree Golf Club, and Wetlands Golf Club, The.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Palmer State Park, Cedar Lane Park, and Susquehanna State Park.
- There are 100 churches in or near the city, including Holy Trinity Church, Harford Jewish Ctr, and Helping Hands Ministries.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 86 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 58 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $112,260, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $91,793, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,141, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.24%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Churchville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Churchville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Churchville has a sparse population density of 254.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Churchville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Churchville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.36%.