Senior Living in Churubusco, Indiana
Top zip codes in Churubusco, IN: 46723
- Churubusco scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Churubusco scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Parkview Whitley Hospital, Orthopaedic Hospital At Parkview North Llc, and Dupont Hospital Llc.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Byron Health Center, Presence Sacred Heart Home, and Presence Sacred Heart Home Short Stay Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Eel River Golf Course, Colonial Oaks Golf Course, and Fort Wayne Lodge No. 155 & Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Blue Lake Campground, Eel River Golf Course, and Chain O\' Lakes State Park.
- There are 47 churches in or near the city, including Churubusco Church, St John Bosco Catholic Church, and First Eel River Baptist.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,013, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,563, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,321, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,410 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,360 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,629 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.36%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Churubusco receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Churubusco has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Churubusco has a sparse population density of 123.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Churubusco have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Churubusco has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.60%.