Senior Living in Cicero, New York
Top zip codes in Cicero, NY: 13039
- Cicero scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Cicero scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph\'s Hospital Health Center, Four Winds Syracuse, and Crouse Hospital.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Cottages at Garden Grove, Sunnyside Care Center, and Pitcher Hill Apartments.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 251 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Shore Yacht & Country Club, Northern Pines Golf Club, and Links at Erie Village, The.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Oneida Shores County Park, Fort Brewerton State Park, and Schiller Park.
- There are 152 churches in or near the city, including Cicero United Methodist Church, Believers\' Chapel, and St Rose of Lima Church.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 210 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 106 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $83,890, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,491, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,246, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.81%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cicero receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cicero has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cicero has an average population density of 776.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cicero have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cicero has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.85%.