Senior Living in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cincinnati scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Cincinnati scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 20 hospitals within close range of the city, including Shriners Hosps For Children, Children\'s Hosp Medical Center, and Cincinnati Va Medical Center.
- There are 164 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maxine\'s Adult Care Homes, Inc., Glencare Center, and Hancock House II.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 758 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 103 golf courses in or around the city, including Hartwell Recreation Golf Course, Crest Hills Country Club, and Maketewah Country Club.
- There are 52 parks near the city center, including Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, Burnet Woods, and Mount Storm Park.
- There are 539 churches in or near the city, including St Clement, Thomas Joseph H, and Corinthian Baptist Church.
- There are 43 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 400 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 25 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 161 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.32% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,216, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,108, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,424, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,320 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,455 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.72%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cincinnati receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cincinnati has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Cincinnati has a dense population density of 3,144.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cincinnati have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cincinnati has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.64%.