Senior Living in Citra, Florida
Top zip codes in Citra, FL: 32113
- Citra scores significantly lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Citra scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Ocala Oaks Rehabilitation Center).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Ocala Golf Club, North/East Course at Pine Oaks Golf Course, and Golden Ocala Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings Historic State Park, Oklawaha Canoe Outpost & Resort Inc, and Fort McCoy / Lake Oklawaha KOA.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including 7Th Day Adventist Reform Mvmnt, Unity Baptist Church, and Eden Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,455, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,580, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,053, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $98,185 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,250 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,138 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.20%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Citra receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Citra has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Citra has a very sparse population density of 81.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Citra have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Citra has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.50%.