Senior Living in Citrus Heights, California
- Citrus Heights scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Citrus Heights scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Sutter Roseville Medical Center, Bhc Heritage Oaks Hospital, and Mercy San Juan Medical Center.
- There are 387 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Emily\'s Guest Home, Helping Hands Residential Care for The Elderly, and Candlelight Home Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 461 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Sunrise Golf Course, North Ridge Country Club, and Foothill Golf Center.
- There are 24 parks near the city center, including Rusch Park, Sunrise Recreation & Park District, and Sierra Hills Memorial Park and East Lawn Mortuary.
- There are 156 churches in or near the city, including Sylvan Oaks Christian Church, First Baptist Church-Citrus, and Holy Family Catholic Church.
- There are 34 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 343 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 251 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.91% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,972, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,556, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,780, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,836 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,830 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.80%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Citrus Heights receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Citrus Heights has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Citrus Heights has a dense population density of 5,750.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Citrus Heights have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Citrus Heights has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.23%.