Senior Living in Clairton, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Clairton, PA: 15025
- Clairton scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Clairton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 19 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jefferson Regional Medical Center, Upmc Mckeesport, and Monongahela Valley Hospital.
- There are 122 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Southwestern Assisted Care Residence, Jefferson Hills Manor, and Southwestern Nursing Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 582 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 111 golf courses in or around the city, including Eighteen Hole Course at South Park Golf Course, Scenic Valley Golf Course, and South Hills Country Club.
- There are 26 parks near the city center, including South Park, South Park Golf Course, and Oliver Miller Homestead.
- There are 339 churches in or near the city, including Morning Star Baptist Church, Pine Run United Methodist Chr, and Jefferson United Methodist Chr.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 285 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 164 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,528, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,897, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,686, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.26%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clairton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Clairton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Clairton has an average population density of 963.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clairton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Clairton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.97%.