Senior Living in Claremont, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Claremont, MN: 55924
- Claremont scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Claremont scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Owatonna Hospital and Owatonna Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fairview Care Center, Countryside Senior Living, and Brookdale Owatonna.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Blooming Prairie Country Club, Dodge Country Club, and Brooktree Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Rice Lake State Park, 4 Seasons Centre, and River View Campground.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Assembly of God Church, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.36% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,981, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,143, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,041, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,440 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,031 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,368 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.46%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Claremont receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Claremont has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Claremont has a very sparse population density of 16.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Claremont have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Claremont has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.07%.