Senior Living in Claremont, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Claremont, NC: 28610
- Claremont scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Claremont scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Frye Regional Medical Center).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Choice Health Management Services, Conover Nursing and Rehab Center, and Piedmont Village at Newton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 123 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Rock Barn Golf and Spa (Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Course at Rock Barn Golf and Spa), Rock Barn Golf And Spa -North Ridge/South Lakes, and D.T. Golf.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Riverbend Park - Catawba County, NC, Buffalo Beals Animal Park, and Neill W. Clark Jr. Recreation Park.
- There are 103 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Bethel Lutheran Church, and Piney Grove Baptist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 66 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,286, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,020, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,793, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,559 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,270 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,765 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.11%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Claremont receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Claremont has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Claremont has a sparse population density of 246.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Claremont have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Claremont has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.01%.