Senior Living in Claremont, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Claremont, NH: 03743
- Claremont scores significantly lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Claremont scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Valley Regional Hospital, Springfield Hospital, and Springfield Hospital.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Earl M Bourdon Center, Elm Wood Center, and Sullivan County Health Care.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Claremont Country Club, Newport Golf Club, and Crown Point Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Arrowhead Recreation Area, Morningside Flight Park, and Getaway Mountain & Campground.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Holy Resurrection Orthodox Chr, Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,641, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,670, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,229, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.38%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Claremont receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Claremont has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Claremont has a sparse population density of 230.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Claremont have a short daily commute time.
- Claremont has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.50%.