Senior Living in Claremore, Oklahoma
- Claremore scores lower than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Claremore scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Claremore Regional Hospital, Claremore Indian Hospital, and St John Owasso.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Claremore Nursing Home, Inc., Brookfield, and Wood Manor Senior Care and Rehabilitation.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Heritage Hills Golf Course, Gordon Golf Course, and Bailey Ranch Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Parks Department Office, Walkers Guide Service, and Hawthorn Bluff Camp Ground.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including Lifechanger Church, First Assembly of God, and Rehoboth Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.58% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,113, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,776, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,506, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,788 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,858 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Claremore receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Claremore has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Claremore has a sparse population density of 177.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Claremore have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Claremore has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.72%.