Senior Living in Clarence, New York
Top zip codes in Clarence, NY: 14031
- Clarence scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Clarence scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Hospital, Upstate New York Va Healthcare System (western Ny, and Erie County Medical Center.
- There are 71 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Brothers of Mercy Sacred Heart Adult Home, The Brothers of Mercy , and Vinecroft Retirement Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 311 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Brookfield Country Club, Pine Meadows Golf Club, and Greenwood Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Clarence Town Court Justice, Thompson Road Park, and Glen Park.
- There are 175 churches in or near the city, including Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Our Lady of Peace Rc Church, and Clarence United Methodist Chr.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 149 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 78 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $96,500, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,148, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,004, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.05%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clarence receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Clarence has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Clarence has an average population density of 501.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clarence have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Clarence has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.97%.