Senior Living in Clarendon, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Clarendon, NC: 28432
- Clarendon scores significantly higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Clarendon scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Columbus Regional Healthcare System).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Asbury Homes, Loris Rehab and Nursing Center, and Beautiful Light Inn.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 63 golf courses in or around the city, including Whiteville Country Club, Land-O-Lakes Golf Club, and Black Bear Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Fox Hole Mud Park, Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park™ at Daddy Joe\'s, and Carrollwoods RV Campground & Vineyard.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Naikina Pentecostal Hlnss Chr, and Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.94% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,502, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,536, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,657, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $67,525 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,025 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.35%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clarendon receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clarendon has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Clarendon has a very sparse population density of 55.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clarendon have a short daily commute time.
- Clarendon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.68%.