Senior Living in Claridge, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Claridge, PA: 15623
- Claridge scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Claridge scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Monsour Medical Center, Jeannette District Mem Hosp, and Excela Health Westmoreland Regional Hospital.
- There are 73 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including William Penn Care Center, William Penn, and Stone Brook Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 280 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 112 golf courses in or around the city, including Kistlers Par 3 Golf Course, First Nine/Second Nine Course at Cloverleaf Golf Club, and Blue/Red Course at Westmoreland Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Bushy Run Battlefield, Fox Den Acres Campgrounds, and Boyce Park.
- There are 196 churches in or near the city, including St Barbara Church, Zion Lutheran Church, and Ascension Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 87 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 108 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,372, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,858, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,317, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.65%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Claridge receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Claridge has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Claridge has a sparse population density of 437.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Claridge have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Claridge has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.42%.